National Park Week

Saguaro National Park

Saguaro National Park

Our National Parks might be the best idea ever!  I live just north of the country’s first National Park, Yellowstone.  After traveling the world, I still think that Yellowstone is the most impressive place on earth.  Wildlife, mountains and geysers are just a few of the quick highlights.  But, here in the USA, we have so many other National Parks to explore.  I have filmed at a great deal of them, and every time I do, I fall in love with them for their own specific reason.  Yosemite’s massive granite walls, The Grand Canyons views, Death Valley’s spring wild flowers and Acadia’s misty shores.  And…that is just the short list!  These jewels are the most valuable resource we have in this country and it is a resource we can preserve and pass on to many more generations.  The purity and freedom that these lands contain is contagious to all that touch it. We have the opportunity to experience this at any time and the responsibility to share it.  The National Parks will live on forever, as long as we continue to value their pricelessness.

About these ads
Tagged , , , , , ,

8 thoughts on “National Park Week

1. Kris says:

I love our national parks. I have visited more than I can name here and they all hold a special place in my heart and mind. Yellowstone is one of my favorites! I am headed to Olympic National Park next month and can’t wait!!

2. Jon Kelley says:

I agree, love Yellowstone and can’t get enough of it. Will be out there again this summer to get my fix.

3. Juanita says:

Yellowstone is my favorite too :) But I love everyone we have visited!!!!! The closest one to us is Mammoth Cave but I don’t think we will be able to get there this week.

4. Corene says:

Thanks for sharing your adventures with all of us !!! One day I hope to have those same adventures of my own. :) Beautiful photo too !

5. Gabby says:

when i’m old enough i plan on visit all the national parks!

6. Kecia says:

I agree!!! I have been to a lot of places but my favorite is Yellowstone.

7. Alice says:

Here in Rhode Island our only national park is a 4.5 acre ‘urban’ greenspace in downtown Providence!

8. Leigh Ann says:

Well said, Anderson……….
    their majestic diversities are unmatched.
    “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshineflows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.” – John Muir 1901
    Thank you for sharing – the legacy you’ll leave is endless.